Friday, February 7, 2014

Herbs & Bone Broth

For the past few days I've been feeling terrible.  Tired, achey, backpain, stomach ache & to top it off.....hemorrhoids...ugh.  After reading quite a few articles about medicinal herbs, I decided to give them a try.  Tuesday I visited the local Farmer's Market & picked up a quart of raw honey, a pint of blackberry jelly & a pint of blueberry jelly.  I'm always buying herbs for cooking & along with some herbal tea bags  I'd purchased a while back, I decided to see what kind of recipes I could find.  Starting with the honey, I mixed it with cinnamon, heated some water & drank a cup.  Later on I made a cup of herbal peppermint tea from the teabags.  (Previously that morning I soaked in a hot tub of water with epsom salt...that got me feeling a lil better.)   Yesterday evening I made some bone broth from leftover baked chicken I had in the fridge. Before I went to bed last night I drank a cup of the broth & took another soak in tub with chamomile tea added to the water. (Read chamomile was good for the hemorrhoid problem).  Now I'm not sure what is was or if it was just a combination of it all, but this morning I got up with much more energy, pain in all areas greatly diminished & feeling better than I have in months.  WOW!!!

Well, I got to thinking...hmmmm....what about herbs for my chickens????  This is a very good article listing the herbs & their benefits for chickens. Herbs & their uses for your chickens health.  (I mixed some up in their feed this morning.)  Another interesting article Nesting Box Herbs - Chicken Aromatherapy is about using herbs in nesting boxes.  Oh yeah, another project to add to my to-do list as soon as the weather warms up.

Pin It

No comments:

Post a Comment